This special retreat is aimed at anyone suffering from gluten-intolerance, stress, anxiety, depression, stiff aching joints, digestive issues, chronic tiredness, skin issues, sugar cravings or wanting to lose weight.
In the ancient Ayurveda texts it is said that most illnesses, mental and physical stem from poor digestion. Weak digestion means essential nutrients are not absorbed, toxins aren’t eliminated properly and illness results.
Modern science has recently identified a gut microbiome, often called ‘The second Brain’. This is a varied culture of billions of bacteria that live in our lower intestine and are responsible for producing almost all of the dopamine and serotonin chemicals that control our moods and our emotions. Hence the link to anxiety and depression if these bacteria aren’t the right ones.
Ayurveda recommends living and eating with the seasons and recent studies have shown that our gut bacteria change with what we eat. So if we eat seasonally our bacteria become the ‘right’ bacteria for that season rather than the ‘wrong’ bacteria taking over which can lead to leaky gut syndrome, immune issues and ill health.
This retreat aims to re-set your gut bacteria in several ways:
- Yoga and yoga nidra - to support your gut-brain axis which will increase your energy levels, strengthen your immune system, promote the health of your joints, and improve your mental and emotional balance. Yoga teacher Lisa will develop a personal practice for each guest specifically for the gut and your body
- Meals - sumptuous fresh, pre- and pro-biotic seasonal foods and drinks to re-populate your gut with a huge variety of good bacteria. Meals will be vegetarian, including a healing 'bone' broth, keffir and kombucha
- Meditation – learn to meditate to reduce stress which has a huge impact on our gut microbiome, improving mental and emotional function leading to a happier, more positive outlook on life
- Ayurvedic massage - to help rebalance body and mind with warm herb-infused therapeutic oils, including a special abdominal massage and healing herb and oil poultices
- Talks – we want you to to be able to continue the techniques you will learn on this retreat so you can feel healthy, happy and have a strong immune system for life. There will be talks on all the subjects covered plus a workbook of information you can personalise during your stay
- Goody Box - you will be given recipes, spice mixes for your dosha type, fermentation starters, massage oil, a personalised yoga practice and more to enable you to continue at home
Price: £1621 sharing, £1965 single occupancy
Date: September 14-19, November 17-22